| || |
|Back To Security related|
Folder Lock 6.6.5
Folder Lock is a file encryption software that offers fastest way of encrypting and password protecting files and folders. You can either choose to encrypt important files from techies or lock your files, pictures and private data from casual users. Folder Lock comes with locking, encryption, shredding, stealth mode, hack attempt monitoring, portability, plug & play support, history cleaning, and more than 20 privacy features all tailored to special needs for people wanting privacy and security.
Folder Lock creates encrypted storages called 'Lockers'. You can keep as many of your private files & folders in your Locker and password protect it with a single click. You can transfer, secure and backup these Lockers. Lockers are portable, you can keep them in USB Drives, CD/DVD, & notebooks or transfer them via email or upload. These Lockers are undeletable on the computer where Folder Lock is installed.
Folder Lock uses US military standard 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard Algorithm to protect your valuables. Encryption is on-the-fly and decryption is automatic i.e. content is loaded in memory instead of hard drive. This means your data is unrecoverable without correct password no matter how the protection is tampered and the protection is fast as it does away the hassle of decrypting everything in your hard drive.
Folder Lock offers full portability by offering PC independent password protection of your files and folders. Create a portable Locker in your USB Drive or Memory Stick and Folder Lock will also create an autoplay executable in your USB drive. Automatic plug & plug is also supported making it easy to open protected Lockers on USB drive without the need to install Folder Lock.
With Folder Lock, all your data sits in one location i.e. your secured Locker. Furthermore, the program support multi-user interface making it easy for the whole family or your colleagues to use your computer for storing their own Lockers with their own passwords. Never again worry about data loss, theft or privacy breaches. If you share your computer with others or fear hackers and thieves may steal your data, give Folder Lock a try!
Folder Lock is compatible on all 32-bit and 64-bit flavors of Windows 7.0, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2000. The protection is cross-platform compatible and PC independent. Folder Lock offers great features and zero compromise on data security in all versions of Windows.
Features and Benefits:
• 256-bit AES encryption on-the-fly (military standard) for file protection.
• File Lock, Folder Lock, Drive Lock, File Encryption and Folder Encryption. All in one complete package.
• Full Portability. Password protect USB Drives, Lock CDs & DVDs and share password with trusted friends.
• Backup or transfer your password protected Lockers anywhere. All data sits in one place for easy backup.
• Undeletable Lockers (on the PC where Folder Lock is installed). Deletion requires you to login into Folder Lock.
• Shred files automatically when data is encrypted. Choose this option for full data security.
• Stealth Mode feature can efficiently hide all the traces of Folder Lock ever been installed on your PC.
• Windows History Cleaning. Removes recent history of PC activity automatically when Locker closes.
• Hack Attempt Monitoring option can monitor fake password attempts and can Shutdown PC automatically.
• Fastest Encryption! Encrypted data is later decrypted in memory, preventing data recovery & slow processing.
• Complete Privacy! Whether you're concerned with privacy, data theft, data loss, data leaks or virus attacks. You need Folder Lock!
Changes in Folder Lock 6.6.5 (June 21st, 2011):
- This update works around small functional bugs, fixes some minor compatibility issues with Windows 7 and improves overall application functionality.
Size: 3.12 MB